Sunday, December 14, 2008

Traditions

Jen and I have been discussing different holiday / family traditions that we'd like to start.  We started a few last year but this year, decided to start the "family bed" with Kylee - something that I remember doing growing up.  We brought out our mattresses and blankets and slept in our tv room.   For our family bed last night, we watched Home Alone, could only have Christmas lights on, and Kylee got her choice of desserts.  What a fun night!  I think I was the first one asleep before the movie finished according to Jen.

Our beds took up most of the space in our play room but it was a ton of fun!  We don't have enough Christmas lights to do the outside of our home so we end up putting them around our play room - and Kylee's room.

Big Sis and Mommy getting ready to watch Home Alone!  The two cutest girls around.

Kylee and I getting the Christmas tree ready.  Kylee had a blast decorating everything and the boys really haven't attempted to pull anything down. . . . . yet.  However, they do like throwing the nativity scene characters around.  


The family with Santa Claus and the Fire Department.  Every year, our neighborhood does a Toys for Tots drive and Santa comes to get the toys.  Kylee donated some of the puzzles and other toys from her "Store" that she buys things from.  I was surprised that Jaron stayed with Santa for so long.

We wish you the best this holiday season!

Aloha,

Kylee, Jaron, Ethan, and Parents

2 comments:

emily said...

You just gave us a great idea for a tradition. Do you sleep there every night before Christmas - or just once? Have a great holiday! We miss you!

Ray said...

Glad you like the idea! We did it randomly during the year when I was growing up. We thought it'd be fun to do with Kylee. We'll do it on Saturdays and then on the Eve. Tell you what though - it's not fun dragging the mattresses out! But us old people can't just sleep on the carpet. :)